19 Dec Festivities in Piraeus: Activities for Everyone!
photo credit: star.gr
Like every year, this year the Municipality of Piraeus organizes festive events. Whether with your family, friends or coworkers, don’t miss all the activities that will take place near Sirius Workspace’s offices. Ready?
From 7 December to 7 January // 10:00 – 21:00
Christmas toys, playgrounds, trampoline, caroussel, train, collision track, inflatable toys, theater events, competitions and many surprises, as well as Santa Claus welcoming our little friends.
With a minimal entrance fee at Korai Square, Kanari Square, Pigada Square
Saturday December 14th
- A gift for children // 11:00 – 17:00 The KODEP in the context of its social action and in collaboration with the Hellenic French School “Jeanne D’Arc” is organizing a collection of games and books for the children of KODEP’s beneficiary families. The event includes music and dance activities with the participation of the Piraeus Philharmonic Orchestra.
The items will be collected at the Volunteer Office (Korai Square, Piraeus City Hall ground floor) (In case of bad weather, the event will take place in the event hall of the Ionian School of Piraeus).
Thursday, December 19th
- The spirit of Christmas Piraeus Municipal Theater Courtyard // 18:00 Christmas tunes from the Railway Entertainment Group’s ‘The Christmas Commander’ choir
From Saturday December 21st to Sunday December 29th –
Christmas Festivities 2019 at the Peace and Friendship Stadium / The Opening Monday is 23/12 // 18:30
A Christmas celebration from the Radio Station “Patapolitika 90.1” aimed at enhancing the charitable activity of KODEP. Music shows, theatrical events, VR experiences, creative work for children, Christmas workshops, face painting and Santa Claus photos. Main activity, the Book Bazaar for all ages and costs only 1 euro.
Bazaar Book Days and Hours of Operation:
- Saturday 21 December 9:00 – 21:00
- Sunday 22 December 9:00 – 21:00
- Monday 23 December 15:00 – 21:00 (18:30 Opening)
- Tuesday 24 December 15:00 – 21:00
- Wednesday 25 December – Closed
- Thursday December 26th – Closed
- Friday 27 December 15:00 – 21:00 Saturday 28 December 9:00 – 21:00 Sunday 29
- December 9:00 – 21:00
Saturday 21st of December
1.Concert with the band “48 Hours” and Josephine Redeemer Zeus & Gregory Lambraki // 12:00 – 14:30
2. Children’s Festival of traditional dances Ionian School // 18:00
- Piraeus Cretan fraternity “OMONIA”
- Union of Maniots “I MANI”
- Union of Piraeus – Keratsini – Drapetsona Pontians
- Continental League of Piraeus
- New Faliro Association “Dimitrios Falireas”
- Greek Association of Traditional and Modern Dance “IGEHOROS” “DODONI”
- Greek Dance Center Organization: Directorate of Education and Lifelong Learning
3. Christmas-themed music walks by the Piraeus Philharmonic Orchestra
- 11:30 Piraeus Shopping Center
- 12:00 Maria Hadjikyriakou – Hadjikyriakio
- 13:00 Peace and Smolenskiy – New Faliro
Sunday 22nd of December
1. Santa Fun Run Korai Square – Piraeus Town Hall // Starting at 09:00
The festive sporting event that gives hundreds of smiles! Young and old we wear our beloved Santa Claus outfit and run to disperse the message of Christmas joy. Route: Town Hall – Heroes Technical University
- Sotiros Dios – Grigoriou Lambraki – Vas. Georgiou – Municipal Theater.
- Register: tel: 210.4136355 (daily 12:00 – 14:00) at the secretariat of the Andreas Garyfalos Swimming Pool (daily 08:00 – 20:00), via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and at the registration form www .opanpireas.gr Entries and uniforms are free
2.Christmas party Piraeus Municipal Theater // 10:30 – 13:30
The “Vouvogelia” event is accompanied by Christmas songs, wind instruments, the Piraeus Music School Choir and the Philharmonic Orchestra. People of all ages take part in creative painting workshops, Christmas crafts, interactive games and face painting, while having fun with music, dancing and endless play. The imposing stilts will be welcomed by the children and they will take photos with Santa Claus.
3.STEM Education and Robotics
Ionian School // 10: 00-18: 00
Discover the magical world of STEM and educational robotics! Book now at 213.2022361 & 213.2022026 (Monday – Friday 09:00 – 14:00). The event is for elementary and high school students and is organized by the Lifelong Learning Division of the Education and Lifelong Learning Division of the Municipality of Piraeus, with the support of the School Committees of the Primary and Secondary Education School Units.
4.”Fairy tales to make fun of”
Foyer of Piraeus Municipal Theater // 12:00 – 13:30
Children’s Theatrical Performance by the Topi Theater Company. Short, simple and funny stories that stimulate children’s imagination.
Free admission for all children and adults!
Tuesday 24 December Christmas Eve
1.Traditional carols from city clubs Courtyard of Municipal Theater / 10:00
Philharmonic Orchestra of Piraeus Municipality Fraternity of Kefallina and Ithaca Piraeus Piraeus Cretan fraternity “OMONIA” Union of Maniots “I MANI” Union of Piraeus-Keratsini-Drapetsona Pontians Continental League of Piraeus DODONI Greek Dance Center (Thrace – Macedonia)
Kythiraic Brotherhood of Piraeus – Athens Federation of Athens-Piraeus Dodecanese Associations Panhellenic Union of Lerons Association of Carpathians Abroad Milky Way “AGIA SOFIA” Association of Women of Crete and Aegean Islands Department of Piraeus International Dance Council (Kastellorizo)
2.The Commander of Christmas Courtyard of Piraeus Municipal Theater / 10: 00-13: 00
The Commander of Christmas has fun with the passersby and is photographed with them next to the decorated train that is set up in front of the Municipal Theater.
Saturday December 28th
1.A party for the kids at the Andreas Garyfalos Municipal Swimming Pool // 11: 00-14: 00
The magic of Christmas is transferred to the city’s municipal swimming pool. The children are welcomed by the magician, who will put them in the spirit of Christmas and enjoy face painting, creative activities, interactive games.
2.CIRCUS CACHIVACHE Pigada Square / 12:00 – 14:00
Circus Cachivache, a circus-musical-theatrical spectacle with dangerous stunts, juggernauts, plenty of laughter and lots of music!
Sunday 29th of December
1.Celebration for children “Themistoklion” Stage // 11: 00-14: 00
Christmas party for kids. The magician puts our little friends in the spirit of Christmas and will have fun with face painting, creative activities, interactive games. (In case of bad weather the celebration will take place at the Indoor Basketball Court)
2.”The Nutcracker” Cultural Center «K. Kostarakos »- Kaminia // 12:00 – 14:00 Children’s performance by the Topi theater group.
The magical story of Clara, a dream or a reality … Christmas Eve, waiting for the gifts to open and in the middle of everything a nutcracker. The Battle of the Mice Queen, the spells that were solved after the battle and the incredible journey into the world of sweets … And dance to Tchaikovsky’s music. Free entrance.
Monday 30 December
Christmas walks by the Piraeus Philharmonic Orchestra 17:30 Serfiotou Square & Gennimata Park 18:00 Peace and Smolensk & Sotiros Pedestrian Street 18:30 Pedestrian street of Palamidi
Tuesday, December 31 – New Year’s Eve
Christmas walks from the Piraeus Philharmonic Orchestra Piraeus Shopping Center // 12:00 – 14:00
In the courtyard of the Municipal Theater of Piraeus, the steam locomotive “Mary” will be hosted throughout the holidays, a locomotive with a long history waiting for children and adults to “travel” with it. With the courtesy of OSE. Laughing snowmen, elves-helpers of Santa Claus, spectacular stilts, jugglers with magic fires, roaming the city, entertaining passers-by, photographing with them and turning Piraeus into a magical world full of happy children !
* All events are free, while at Christmas parks the price are minimal*